The objectives of the Foundation include but are not limited to:
- To conduct research, discussion, class, seminar, symposium, conference etc. on a variety of themes including subjects covering philosophy, history, politics, economy, political economy, religion, culture, environment.
- To publish books, booklet, journal etc. on topics and themes related to theory and praxis of emancipatory movement and politics.
- To establish network of coordination, cooperation and exchange with national and international organization with broadly similar objectives, missions and visions.
- To contribute intellectually and politically to a variety of movement of the oppressed class such as workers, peasants, women, untouchables etc. through research, class, seminar and publication etc.
- To bring into discussion recent works and literatures on a variety of themes bearing primarily on emancipatory politics, movements and experiences, analyses and proposals.
- To establish and run a library of recent international journals, publications, books etc. with a view to familiarizing Nepali left with recent works and analyses.
- To work on theories and policies necessary and useful for the radical transformation of Nepali society, economy, culture, and most importantly, of party organization and movement.